Price: ₹ 180.00
(as of Jan 18,2021 04:19:16 UTC – Details)
– Stories have been selected as per the recommendation of various Boards and schools
– Unfamiliar words and phrases in the text are explained through footnotes
– Careful grading of language and vocabulary make for easy reading and comprehension
– Large, colourful and attractive illustrations not only bring the story to life but also aid child’s understanding of the text
– Comprehension questions that follow the text are a further aid to comprehension and help the teacher grade the students
– A special supplement at the end comprising activities, nuggets of information, weblinks and information about film adaptations provide deeper insight into the life and times in which each story is set, and whets the student’s appetite to explore further.
Grade 1 (8 to 9 years) 1000 headwords
Grade 2 (9 to 10 years) 1500 headwords
Grade 3 (10 to 11 years) 2000 headwords
Grade 4 (11 to 12 years) 3000 headwords
The Railway Children (Grade 1)
Roberta, Peter and Phyllis are forced, by their father’s mysterious arrest, to leave their London home and live in a small cottage, “Three Chimneys”, in the country. Their new home is near a railway track and their lives get strongly linked with the people who pass by in trains and the people who work at the station. They become friendly with “an old gentleman”, whom they see passing by in a train. Do they find their father? Will they ever learn why he was arrested?